TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) |May 11, 2016
Install TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) . This ROM ( TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ) has specifically developed for Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) not to mention its credit would go to vx2ko,. We took this ROM from XDA and in this article we are going to present you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can install / Flash TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) .
If you would like even more information relevant to the ROM, Root and firmware then check out our following pages.
|CyanogenMod-based LineageOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM for Motorola Moto X||January 26, 2017|
|Unofficial CyanogenMod 14.0 Nightlies Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Motorola Moto G 4G||October 11, 2016|
|UNOFFICIAL BUILDS XOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Motorola Moto E||June 17, 2016|
|UNOFFICIAL TITAN PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Motorola Moto G (2014)||June 16, 2016|
Coming back to the Rom, here is the features of TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Features of Rom
Smooth & Fast
Dual SIM Support
FranklenClark kernel thanks to @dirtyhank
Dynamic Navigation bar
Removed Recents Search Bar
Removed ascending ringtone
Disabled Smooth Scrolling cache
Moto Camera and Gallery
Build.prop tweaks for performance and battery
Heavily Debloated (Google apps, Moto apps, etc.)
Developer options enabled by default
ADB enabled by default
Warning No. 1
- This is a warning from Best-Tech-Reviews.com that this Guide / Tutorial is only applicable for Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) . Be careful not to try this guide on any other Android device, it does work only with Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) .
- First, you have to verify your device model (Motorola Moto X Style (Pure)) number Under: Settings » About (there you see device name).
- And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page.
- Try this at your own risk. If you follow our instructions as it is, which is stated below, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged
- Above of all your Smartphone must be factory unlocked / Rooted.
- Use Nandroid backup, which basically will take an image of your current system. That way, if something goes wrong, you can restore your phone to exactly the way it was before. (Tutorial Link)
As we mentioned in above, before installing Rom on your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) you have to take back-up.
For this purpose we have made a tutorial on how you can take complete backup of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure). Please follow the guide carefully to be able to restore Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) to current system when needed.
This really is an essential step before doing anything to your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure)
- First, you need to enable the Debugging mode on your . (Tutorial Link)
- Find appropriate USB Driver for Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) (need to connect PC / Laptop for Data copy) (Download all Android devices USB drivers)
- You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining. (See how to check your battery percentage)
How to take Complete backup of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure)
So now moving toward backup of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) . Here is the list, which is necessary to take backup
- Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup Whatsapp and Viber Messages and call logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup your Game Data.
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Backup your Apps and their Data Files via app Download from Play Store
Before going to Flash Rom on Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) , we want to inform you that you need to Root your device first and this step will Void your handset’s warranty. However, there are certain steps to unroot and install the official firmware on it.
Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) and Flash a Custom Recovery
Before going Flash TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your “.Motorola.” “.Moto X Style (Pure).” you do not actually need to root your phone to flash a ROM. You just need to unlock bootloader of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) and flash a custom recovery.
However, this likely to root your phone. Therefore rooting the Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) is exactly what you are going to do first. Unfortunately, we cannot go through this step in detail here, for this purpose you need to go to our Rooting section.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader will most likely wipe your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure), and without root access, you won’t be able to backup system. So, it is better to save anything you want to keep on your computer
We will recommend you to search on XDA that how to unlock the bootloader of your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure). Because every model has its own way to unlock bootloader.
After unlocking bootloader, we will use Nandroid to take backup of Motorola Moto X Style (Pure). What Nandroid do is, it will take an image of your current system. Which help to restore your device, as before it was. This will save you a lot of hassle if something goes wrong.
To do this:
Step 1: Reboot your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) and enter recovery mode. This is a bit different on every device, but usually you can reboot by pressing the power and volume buttons at the same time.
Step 2: Go to “Backup” or “Nandroid” section of your recovery mode. The default settings should be fine, you don’t need to do anything with default settings.
Step 3: Take the backup from here and re-name it, it will help you to remember. Confirm your backup setting and let it run.
Step 4: Wait for the backup to finish. This may take 6-10 mints.
We will also recommend you to take the second type of backup: your apps and settings. For this try Titanium Backup.
Note that you will need to root, to use Titanium Backup.
So, Now you are planning to wipe your data and cache, Right? There are some points to read:
- If you are flashing a brand new ROM ( TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow), you definitely need to wipe data and cache. This may perform a factory reset on Motorola Moto X Style (Pure) therefore you will lose all the data.
- If you are flashing a fresh version of identical Rom you are already running, we would suggest Only To WIPE CACHE. It is going to save all your apps and settings.
- Remember, for those who have already taken a backup, then there is absolutely no issue in factory reset, wiping data or the cache. It is possible to restore it anytime.
- When you only wipe your cache, usually particular apps might face issue. You will need to wipe data and the cache both of them to fix everything.
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
How to Flash a ROM to Your Motorola Moto X Style (Pure)
Now comes the actual part. After downloading TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow save it on your phone. It should come in the form of a fairly large ZIP file, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi to download direct to phone.
To flash the ROM :
Step 1: Reboot the phone into Recovery mode, similar to we performed back when we created our Nandroid backup.
Step 2: Go to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
Navigate to the ZIP file you saved earlier (TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ), and then choose it from the list to flash it.
Step 3: Wait for the process to finish, it might take a couple of minutes.
In TWRP, you will locate this under the “Wipe” section.
And in ClockworkMod, you will to either choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option or the “Wipe Cache Partition” option .
When you are done, you are free to reboot into your new ROM ( TruPureXMM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ).
Download and Flash Google Apps
As you know that Google’s apps are not open source, that’s why custom ROMs can’t bundle Google’s apps like Gmail, Hangouts, or the Play Store with their ROMs.
Which means you will have to Flash Google Apps separately.You simply need to download Gapps File, Link given in the Download section of this article and it is similar to what we did in flashing ROM (Step 1). But choose the Gapps file.
Gapps Manager is also an excellent app that’ll allow you to find the proper package in case you are stuck, you can download the APK from XDA Developer.
Once you’ve flashed the latest Google Apps package, then it is done. You can also restore all your apps from the backup you have taken from Titanium app. If you have any question, please comment below