Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z Ultra |April 27, 2015
Install Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z Ultra . This ROM ( Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ) has specifically developed for Sony Xperia Z Ultra not to mention its credit would go to mr.nth.na.vn, rogersb11 . We took this ROM from XDA and in this article we are going to present you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can install / Flash Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z Ultra .
If you would like even more information relevant to the ROM, Root and firmware then check out our following pages.
|SlimX Extreme Debloat Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia Z5||June 16, 2016|
|Unofficial CM-Based crDroid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia L||May 1, 2016|
|Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z2||April 12, 2016|
|CyanogenMod CM13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z||January 22, 2016|
Coming back to the Rom, here is the features of Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom
Features of Rom
*App Circle Bar
*Custom LCD Density
*Custom Lockscreen Circle Shortcuts (up to ten)
*Custom Lockscreen Slider Shortcuts
*Heads Up Customizations and Timeout
*KeyPad Shuffler on Lockscreen Security
*Lockscreen Notifcation PER APP Controls for Normal OR Secure Lockscreen
*Battery Saver Custom Color
*Long Press Back to Kill with Timeout Options
*SuperSU Included and Built Into Settings to Replace Standard SuperUser
*Advanced Reboot and Unknown Sources Install by Default
*Heads Up Notifications
*Notification Light and Color Control (Device Dependant)
*Cyanide L Pitch Black Theme ( was hard coded but we have reverted to stock white and made it a theme engine theme, download above)
*Custom Toast, System, ListView Animations and Scrolling Modifiers
*Custom Power Menu Options
*Custom Quick Settings Tiles WITH Custom Colors, currently we have 36 Tiles
*Quick Settings Custom Options including Vibrate, Force Expanded Notifications and many others
*Recents Apps Clear All Locations, Search Bar Enable/Disable and Option to use OmniSwitch if you prefer
*Shift Tools (Kernel/Performance Control App Built by ME(Rogersb11)
*System App Remover
*Hardware Keys Disable Option
*Status Bar Battery Mods Including Styles (Battery Bar Included), Custom Colors for Icon and Text and Charging Animation Control
*Status Bar Clock and Date Options Including Custom Color, Font Style, Clock Location(Left, Right and Center)
*Custom WiFi and Network Icons Colors
*Network Speed Indicator with On/Off switch, Custom Colors and AutoHide Option
*Status Bar Header Icon and Text Custom Colors
*Smart Control (Direct Call in MMS or Dialer like TouchWiz)
*FULL Ambient Display Implementation as Active Display from KK (Thanks Squadzone and OmniRom)
*Cyanide Central with Downloads, Source Links, Google Plus and Source Links as well. Each device has it’s own tab
*Status Bar Weather Control with Custom Color and Location Support
*Custom Statusbar Icon Colors
*Custom Notification Headers and Icons Colors
*Status Bar Ticker
*Status Bar Notification Count
*Status Bar Logo
*Status Bar Custom Greeting
*Full Weather Control Panel
*Lock Screen Weather with Custom Icons and Text Colors
*Navbar for ALL devices with custom actions, shortcuts and numerous custom layouts as well
*CyanogenMod Theme Engine
*SlimPIE (WORKING, I use it everyday)
*Custom Carrier Label with custom color in Statusbar
*Long Click Support in Statusbar Header
*Cyanide Shortcuts and Actions
*I Know That Is A LOT LOL but still SO SO MUCH MORE and MORE TO COME!!!!!
Warning No. 1
- This is a warning from Best-Tech-Reviews.com that this Guide / Tutorial is only applicable for Sony Xperia Z Ultra . Be careful not to try this guide on any other Android device, it does work only with Sony Xperia Z Ultra .
- First, you have to verify your device model (Sony Xperia Z Ultra) number Under: Settings » About (there you see device name).
- And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page.
- Try this at your own risk. If you follow our instructions as it is, which is stated below, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged
- Above of all your Smartphone must be factory unlocked / Rooted.
- Use Nandroid backup, which basically will take an image of your current system. That way, if something goes wrong, you can restore your phone to exactly the way it was before. (Tutorial Link)
As we mentioned in above, before installing Rom on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra you have to take back-up.
For this purpose we have made a tutorial on how you can take complete backup of Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Please follow the guide carefully to be able to restore Sony Xperia Z Ultra to current system when needed.
This really is an essential step before doing anything to your Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- First, you need to enable the Debugging mode on your HTC ONE One M8 . (Tutorial Link)
- Find appropriate USB Driver for Sony Xperia Z Ultra (need to connect PC / Laptop for Data copy) (Download all Android devices USB drivers)
- You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining. (See how to check your battery percentage)
How to take Complete backup of Sony Xperia Z Ultra
So now moving toward backup of Sony Xperia Z Ultra . Here is the list, which is necessary to take backup
- Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup Whatsapp and Viber Messages and call logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup your Game Data.
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Backup your Apps and their Data Files via app Download from Play Store
Before going to Flash Rom on Sony Xperia Z Ultra , we want to inform you that you need to Root your device first and this step will Void your handset’s warranty. However, there are certain steps to unroot and install the official firmware on it.
Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Z Ultra and Flash a Custom Recovery
Before going Flash Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom on your “.Sony.” “.Xperia Z Ultra.” you do not actually need to root your phone to flash a ROM. You just need to unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia Z Ultra and flash a custom recovery.
However, this likely to root your phone. Therefore rooting the Sony Xperia Z Ultra is exactly what you are going to do first. Unfortunately, we cannot go through this step in detail here, for this purpose you need to go to our Rooting section.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader will most likely wipe your Sony Xperia Z Ultra, and without root access, you won’t be able to backup system. So, it is better to save anything you want to keep on your computer
We will recommend you to search on XDA that how to unlock the bootloader of your Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Because every model has its own way to unlock bootloader.
After unlocking bootloader, we will use Nandroid to take backup of Sony Xperia Z Ultra. What Nandroid do is, it will take an image of your current system. Which help to restore your device, as before it was. This will save you a lot of hassle if something goes wrong.
To do this:
Step 1: Reboot your Sony Xperia Z Ultra and enter recovery mode. This is a bit different on every device, but usually you can reboot by pressing the power and volume buttons at the same time.
Step 2: Go to “Backup” or “Nandroid” section of your recovery mode. The default settings should be fine, you don’t need to do anything with default settings.
Step 3: Take the backup from here and re-name it, it will help you to remember. Confirm your backup setting and let it run.
Step 4: Wait for the backup to finish. This may take 6-10 mints.
We will also recommend you to take the second type of backup: your apps and settings. For this try Titanium Backup.
Note that you will need to root, to use Titanium Backup.
So, Now you are planning to wipe your data and cache, Right? There are some points to read:
- If you are flashing a brand new ROM ( Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ), you definitely need to wipe data and cache. This may perform a factory reset on Sony Xperia Z Ultra therefore you will lose all the data.
- If you are flashing a fresh version of identical Rom you are already running, we would suggest Only To WIPE CACHE. It is going to save all your apps and settings.
- Remember, for those who have already taken a backup, then there is absolutely no issue in factory reset, wiping data or the cache. It is possible to restore it anytime.
- When you only wipe your cache, usually particular apps might face issue. You will need to wipe data and the cache both of them to fix everything.
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
How to Flash a ROM to Your Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Now comes the actual part. After downloading Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom save it on your phone. It should come in the form of a fairly large ZIP file, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi to download direct to phone.
To flash the ROM :
Step 1: Reboot the phone into Recovery mode, similar to we performed back when we created our Nandroid backup.
Step 2: Go to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
Navigate to the ZIP file you saved earlier (Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ), and then choose it from the list to flash it.
Step 3: Wait for the process to finish, it might take a couple of minutes.
In TWRP, you will locate this under the “Wipe” section.
And in ClockworkMod, you will to either choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option or the “Wipe Cache Partition” option .
When you are done, you are free to reboot into your new ROM ( Official CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ).
Download and Flash Google Apps
As you know that Google’s apps are not open source, that’s why custom ROMs can’t bundle Google’s apps like Gmail, Hangouts, or the Play Store with their ROMs.
Which means you will have to Flash Google Apps separately.You simply need to download Gapps File, Link given in the Download section of this article and it is similar to what we did in flashing ROM (Step 1). But choose the Gapps file.
Gapps Manager is also an excellent app that’ll allow you to find the proper package in case you are stuck, you can download the APK from XDA Developer.
Once you’ve flashed the latest Google Apps package, then it is done. You can also restore all your apps from the backup you have taken from Titanium app. If you have any question, please comment below