Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Sony Xperia X |October 2, 2015
Install Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Sony Xperia X . This ROM ( Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ) has specifically developed for Sony Xperia X not to mention its credit would go to . We took this ROM from XDA and in this article we are going to present you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can install / Flash Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Sony Xperia X .
If you would like even more information relevant to the ROM, Root and firmware then check out our following pages.
|SlimX Extreme Debloat Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia Z5||June 16, 2016|
|Unofficial CM-Based crDroid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia L||May 1, 2016|
|Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z2||April 12, 2016|
|CyanogenMod CM13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z||January 22, 2016|
Coming back to the Rom, here is the features of Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom
Features of Rom
Basic ROM Features:
– Latest Sony 5.1.1 Firmware 10.7.A.0.222
– Deodex ( Optional )
– Debloated from Pointless Google Apps
– Smooth and Fast!
– Performance improved!
– Rooted with latest superSU v2.46
– Fully BusyBoxed
– Latest XZ Dual Recovery v2.18.21
– Latest Official Xposed v74
Change your Xperia Z into Xperia Z5 with The Fully Working Z5 Apps!
– Z5 Bootanimation 60fps
– Z5 White Sound Enhatments
– Z5 S-Force Front Surround, Clear Phase, Clear Stereo etc.
– Z5 Home
– Z5 Messaging App
– Z5 Phone-Phonebook Apps
– Z5 Email
– Z5 Calendar
– Z5 Calculator
– Z5 Backup and Restore
– Z5 Weather App ( Z5 Exclusive App!! )
– Z5 Themes
– Z5 Clocks widget
– Z5 Contact widget
– Z5 Photo analyzer
– Z5 Photo Editor
– Z5 Screen Recording
– Z5 Wallaper and sound picker
– Z5 Update Center
– Z5 Phone usage app
– Z5 SmartSearch app
– Z5 Multi camera Add-On
– Z5 Style portrait
– Z5 Live wallaper + new static Wallpapers
– Z5 Small apps Framework-Widget-Launcher etc.
– Z5 New Small Apps
– Z5 My Xperia
– Z5 Support app (New Z5 Exclusive!)
– Z5 Update Center
– Z5 OMA Server Provider
– Z5 system media Files
– Z3 X-Reality and Super-Vivid
Performance, Battery and Utility Features:
– Init.d Emulation for stock Kernel
– SD Card Read/Write unlocking ( You can R/W on SD with every app like on Jb 4.3 )
– RXS Moonbraker tweaks Ported From Z3
– Better Camera Quality
– Kernel Auditor App To manage your Kernel
– Battery Tweaks for better battery life
– Kernel Tweaks For better kernel performance
– Disabled Kernel panic for better performance
– New Better Balanced RAM Management profile
– Boosted SD Card Read/Write Speed
– Clean Junk Files at every Boot
– I/O Scheduler Tweaks
– CPU Governors tweaks for better Governor Managing
– Flag Tuner to remove all Sony performance restrictions
– SSCoolingEngine+ to cool down your device
– Zipalign APK every 48h ( Not rezipalign )
– VM Tweaks For Smoothness improvments
– 4g speed Tweaks
– Net Speed Tweaks
– Faster Streaming
– Google DNS For better Browsing
– Enabled default Video recording at 720p/1080p at 60fps
– Better Overall Video Quality
– StereoMOD Full: Speaker ( Auto RL Swapping ), Rintone, FM Radio.
– Speaker a little Bit Louder
– EXTRA Heaphone Boost!!
– Serjar Xperia Xposed Already Included
– MobileRadioActive Bug Fixed!
Super Sound Features with: Project Desire v4.0!:
– Beats Audio v2
– HTC Boom Sound For a Super Speaker Sound!!
– Harman Kardon From HTC ONE M9
– XLoud Libary Effect To Boost your Speaker Sund!
– Qualcomm HW Effect
– Dirac HD Audio
– DTS Processing
– SRS/Truemedia/WowHD… Processing
– Build.Prop audio Tweaks
– Dolby Atmos Intelligent EQ and Sound Virtualizer
– Harmonia Engine ( New engine that has a great clarity with big deep bass)
– Viebuforium 5.0 ( New Engine that restore the compressed Mp3 quality)
– RHR+ ( Engine that helps you to hear instruments better and perfectly)
– Crystal Rezound Engine included To Hear a Crystaline Sound like never Before!
– Clearaudio EQ Makes your sound even Clear!
– MaxxAudio Libs
– MaxxAudio ( Dual System )
– Working with Sony Sound Enhatements!
– Forcing 24-64bit playback
– Fully Tweaked asound.conf For a Real Resampling Boost!
– Incredible sound resampling!!v 6441khz 64bit for Headphones and 192khz 24bit for Speakers!
Warning No. 1
- This is a warning from Best-Tech-Reviews.com that this Guide / Tutorial is only applicable for Sony Xperia X . Be careful not to try this guide on any other Android device, it does work only with Sony Xperia X .
- First, you have to verify your device model (Sony Xperia X) number Under: Settings » About (there you see device name).
- And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page.
- Try this at your own risk. If you follow our instructions as it is, which is stated below, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged
- Above of all your Smartphone must be factory unlocked / Rooted.
- Use Nandroid backup, which basically will take an image of your current system. That way, if something goes wrong, you can restore your phone to exactly the way it was before. (Tutorial Link)
As we mentioned in above, before installing Rom on your Sony Xperia X you have to take back-up.
For this purpose we have made a tutorial on how you can take complete backup of Sony Xperia X. Please follow the guide carefully to be able to restore Sony Xperia X to current system when needed.
This really is an essential step before doing anything to your Sony Xperia X
- First, you need to enable the Debugging mode on your HTC ONE One M8 . (Tutorial Link)
- Find appropriate USB Driver for Sony Xperia X (need to connect PC / Laptop for Data copy) (Download all Android devices USB drivers)
- You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining. (See how to check your battery percentage)
How to take Complete backup of Sony Xperia X
So now moving toward backup of Sony Xperia X . Here is the list, which is necessary to take backup
- Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup Whatsapp and Viber Messages and call logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup your Game Data.
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Backup your Apps and their Data Files via app Download from Play Store
Before going to Flash Rom on Sony Xperia X , we want to inform you that you need to Root your device first and this step will Void your handset’s warranty. However, there are certain steps to unroot and install the official firmware on it.
Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia X and Flash a Custom Recovery
Before going Flash Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom on your “.Sony.” “.Xperia X.” you do not actually need to root your phone to flash a ROM. You just need to unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia X and flash a custom recovery.
However, this likely to root your phone. Therefore rooting the Sony Xperia X is exactly what you are going to do first. Unfortunately, we cannot go through this step in detail here, for this purpose you need to go to our Rooting section.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader will most likely wipe your Sony Xperia X, and without root access, you won’t be able to backup system. So, it is better to save anything you want to keep on your computer
We will recommend you to search on XDA that how to unlock the bootloader of your Sony Xperia X. Because every model has its own way to unlock bootloader.
After unlocking bootloader, we will use Nandroid to take backup of Sony Xperia X. What Nandroid do is, it will take an image of your current system. Which help to restore your device, as before it was. This will save you a lot of hassle if something goes wrong.
To do this:
Step 1: Reboot your Sony Xperia X and enter recovery mode. This is a bit different on every device, but usually you can reboot by pressing the power and volume buttons at the same time.
Step 2: Go to “Backup” or “Nandroid” section of your recovery mode. The default settings should be fine, you don’t need to do anything with default settings.
Step 3: Take the backup from here and re-name it, it will help you to remember. Confirm your backup setting and let it run.
Step 4: Wait for the backup to finish. This may take 6-10 mints.
We will also recommend you to take the second type of backup: your apps and settings. For this try Titanium Backup.
Note that you will need to root, to use Titanium Backup.
So, Now you are planning to wipe your data and cache, Right? There are some points to read:
- If you are flashing a brand new ROM ( Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom), you definitely need to wipe data and cache. This may perform a factory reset on Sony Xperia X therefore you will lose all the data.
- If you are flashing a fresh version of identical Rom you are already running, we would suggest Only To WIPE CACHE. It is going to save all your apps and settings.
- Remember, for those who have already taken a backup, then there is absolutely no issue in factory reset, wiping data or the cache. It is possible to restore it anytime.
- When you only wipe your cache, usually particular apps might face issue. You will need to wipe data and the cache both of them to fix everything.
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
How to Flash a ROM to Your Sony Xperia X
Now comes the actual part. After downloading Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom save it on your phone. It should come in the form of a fairly large ZIP file, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi to download direct to phone.
To flash the ROM :
Step 1: Reboot the phone into Recovery mode, similar to we performed back when we created our Nandroid backup.
Step 2: Go to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
Navigate to the ZIP file you saved earlier (Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ), and then choose it from the list to flash it.
Step 3: Wait for the process to finish, it might take a couple of minutes.
In TWRP, you will locate this under the “Wipe” section.
And in ClockworkMod, you will to either choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option or the “Wipe Cache Partition” option .
When you are done, you are free to reboot into your new ROM ( Customized Sony Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ).
Download and Flash Google Apps
As you know that Google’s apps are not open source, that’s why custom ROMs can’t bundle Google’s apps like Gmail, Hangouts, or the Play Store with their ROMs.
Which means you will have to Flash Google Apps separately.You simply need to download Gapps File, Link given in the Download section of this article and it is similar to what we did in flashing ROM (Step 1). But choose the Gapps file.
Gapps Manager is also an excellent app that’ll allow you to find the proper package in case you are stuck, you can download the APK from XDA Developer.
Once you’ve flashed the latest Google Apps package, then it is done. You can also restore all your apps from the backup you have taken from Titanium app. If you have any question, please comment below