Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 |April 20, 2015
Install Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 . This ROM ( Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ) has specifically developed for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 not to mention its credit would go to Albe95. We took this ROM from xda and in this article we are going to present you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can install / Flash Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM on Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 .
If you would like even more information relevant to the ROM, Root and firmware then check out our following pages.
|JFLTE-GPE Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy S4||November 21, 2015|
Coming back to the Rom, here is the features of Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Features of Rom
News on V3.1:
– Fixed Shadow in S6 accuweather widget
– Fixed bugs with S view cover
– Fixed all bugs with Wallpaper Picker
– Fixed bugs with My files sharing button (it was due to S6 better function)
– Fixed incompatibility with N4 camera (FilterProv crash)
– Added Alphabetic button to app drawer
– Removed by default the alphabetic view due to impossibility on create folder on drawer
– Removed theme store because sometimes crashed. (Now of course will crash if you tap on theme store)
News on V3:
– Added S6 Launcher
– Fixed Widget crash for S6 Launcher
– Fixed Black Statusbar on S6 Launcher
– Fixed Theme crash in S6 Launcher (Theme Store still crash for now)
– Added S6 Wallpaper Picker
– Replace S5 Gallery with Note 4 one (S6 gallery have a bad bug but will available soon in post 2 with calendar and my files)
– Added S6 Magnifier (accessible from toolbox)
– Added S6 Keyboard full working
– Added S6 Email app
– Center all things in lockscreen!
– Added S6 Like Lockscreen
– Added S6 Edge as default wallpaper
– Replaced all icons for various samsung apps with S6 one
– Added S6 Galaxy Apps (avaible in Galaxy Essential sections various S6 apps –> GeoNews, Optical Reader, …)
– Added “Better Function” from S6
– Remove all old theme and the old Theme Chooser due to incompatibility with S6 launcher
– Added S6 bootanimation and bootsound
– Decreased bootanimation speed to fit with S6 bootsound
– Added all S6 ringtones and sound
– Added S6 fonts
– Added S6 Accuweather widget
– Remove easy mode and easy launcher due to incompatibility
– Added S6 Music Player
– Added S6 S Browser
– Added S6 Calculator
– Added S6 framework animation when your exit from an app
– Added S6 Galaxy Apps widget
– Re-added Memo App
– Replaced old Smart Remote with S6 Peel Smart Remote.
News on V2:
– Based on new I9505XXUHOB7 Build
– Added Silent mode
– Added S6 Car Mode (Music option not work)
– Added S6 icons for Galaxy Apps
– Added S6 theme with S6 calendar icon fixed (thanks to samtab for original theme)
– Removed Chinese Theme
– Removed S Translator
– Removed Memo app
– Added S Reminder from N4
– Added Yahoo weather in lockscreen wallpaper
– Added N4 Photo Note that should work with S6 S Note (post #2 for S Note)
– Enabled by default Air gesture Air view in toggles
– Added S6 like folder for N4 Touchwiz
– Removed Personal Page toggle (private mode)
– Change the default order of toggles
– Little improvement in recents opening lag (to improve more set at 0x5 the second of the 3 animation in developer option)
– Better General Smooth
– Fixed 1080p Video Lag
– Update to latest version default app (Flipboard, Google apps….)
– Fixed Screen Mirroring
– Added better sound thanks to Massimo
– Based on I9505XXUHOA7 Build
– Debloated from Google and Samsung crap
– Improved Performance
– Better Stability
– Stock Kernel
– 5 Way to Reboot
– Added Ambient Display
– Replace Menu button with Recent like S5
– Added 3-Dot menu on screen
– Improve a bit camera quality and focus
– Fixed all problem with GPS
– Fixed all problem with network
– Fixed YouTube and Video lag in 1080P
– Removed YouTube from the rom due to fixing 1080P problem
– Set as default after first boot English language
– Enabled by default unkown source for apps
– Enable by default battery %
– Set as default Popping Color Effect
– Enable S5 Toolbox
– Enable 12 max apps to Toolbox
– Enable N4 Side Key Panel
– Added S5 Memo app
– Added N4 Personal Interest
– Replace stock emoji with Whatsapp one
– Added N4 Launcher
– Added Magazine (Flipboard Brief) support
– Added N4 KitKat Accuweather Widget
– Centered Clock and personal message in Lockscreen like N4
– Replace S4 my files with S5 one (much better)
– Replace S4 Dialer and contacts with S5 one to get 3 dot support
– Replace S4 Clock with S5 one to get 3 dot support
– Enable N4 Popup View by sliding from the side (work well in fullscreen app; with not-fullscreen app work too but all the times it drop down the statusbar)
– Enable N4 Popup View by a short tap on Multiwindows Bar
– Enable Popping Color, Abstract Tiles, Geometric Mosaic, Ink in Water and Water effect to lockscreen menu.
– Added Greyscale Option to Power Saving
– Enable Ultra Power Saving mode (S Health will crash when you enable UPSM, except for that all other is working)
– No more widgets loosing when exit from UPSM
– Added UPSM to Power Saving Menu
– Added Search Button to Settings
– Add Multiwindows Voice (to set if you want to enable or disable Popup View) in Settings
– Replace stock blue wallpaper with S5 one
– Replace lock screen wallpaper with S6 one
– Replace Stock S4 Gallery with S5 one (much better)
– Fixed wrong color for “people” in Gallery menu
– Fixed crash when you select a pic and tap on the arrow in gallery
– Enable Theme Support with 6 themes
– Added popping color effect in Music Player
– Added priority Sender to message app
– Added S5 S Voice
– Added S6 S translator
– Added S6 Optical Reader
– Added S6 Smart Remote
– Replace S4 Voice Note with S5 one
– Enable by default Popup incoming call like S5
– Replace S4 Video App with S5 one
– Added S5 Wallpaper Chooser
– Added by default Italian,English, German, Spanish and French languages for Keyboard
– Replace bootsound with Note Edge one
– Increased FPS of bootanimation to noto result that it’s lag
– Added Samsung Magnifier from S5 for toolbox
– Added Galaxy Apps widget full trasparent
– Added latest Google Search, GMail and Play Service
– Fixed all network settings problem
Warning No. 1
- This is a warning from Best-Tech-Reviews.com that this Guide / Tutorial is only applicable for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 . Be careful not to try this guide on any other Android device, it does work only with Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 .
- First, you have to verify your device model (Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4) number Under: Settings » About (there you see device name).
- And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page.
- Try this at your own risk. If you follow our instructions as it is, which is stated below, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged
- Above of all your Smartphone must be factory unlocked / Rooted.
- Use Nandroid backup, which basically will take an image of your current system. That way, if something goes wrong, you can restore your phone to exactly the way it was before. (Tutorial Link)
As we mentioned in above, before installing Rom on your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 you have to take back-up.
For this purpose we have made a tutorial on how you can take complete backup of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4. Please follow the guide carefully to be able to restore Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 to current system when needed.
This really is an essential step before doing anything to your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4
|CyanideM 4.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506||May 24, 2016|
|Imperium Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Galaxy S4 I9505||April 21, 2015|
|Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4||April 20, 2015|
|Root Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 Android 5.0.2 PDA I9500XXUHOA7||February 3, 2015|
- First, you need to enable the Debugging mode on your HTC ONE One M8 . (Tutorial Link)
- Find appropriate USB Driver for Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 (need to connect PC / Laptop for Data copy) (Download all Android devices USB drivers)
- You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining. (See how to check your battery percentage)
How to take Complete backup of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4
So now moving toward backup of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 . Here is the list, which is necessary to take backup
- Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup Whatsapp and Viber Messages and call logs. – Click here to see how to do this step
- Backup your Game Data.
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Backup your Apps and their Data Files via app Download from Play Store
Before going to Flash Rom on Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 , we want to inform you that you need to Root your device first and this step will Void your handset’s warranty. However, there are certain steps to unroot and install the official firmware on it.
Unlock Bootloader of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 and Flash a Custom Recovery
Before going Flash Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your “.Galaxy S4.” “.i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4.” you do not actually need to root your phone to flash a ROM. You just need to unlock bootloader of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 and flash a custom recovery.
However, this likely to root your phone. Therefore rooting the Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 is exactly what you are going to do first. Unfortunately, we cannot go through this step in detail here, for this purpose you need to go to our Rooting section.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader will most likely wipe your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4, and without root access, you won’t be able to backup system. So, it is better to save anything you want to keep on your computer
We will recommend you to search on XDA that how to unlock the bootloader of your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4. Because every model has its own way to unlock bootloader.
After unlocking bootloader, we will use Nandroid to take backup of Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4. What Nandroid do is, it will take an image of your current system. Which help to restore your device, as before it was. This will save you a lot of hassle if something goes wrong.
To do this:
Step 1: Reboot your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 and enter recovery mode. This is a bit different on every device, but usually you can reboot by pressing the power and volume buttons at the same time.
Step 2: Go to “Backup” or “Nandroid” section of your recovery mode. The default settings should be fine, you don’t need to do anything with default settings.
Step 3: Take the backup from here and re-name it, it will help you to remember. Confirm your backup setting and let it run.
Step 4: Wait for the backup to finish. This may take 6-10 mints.
We will also recommend you to take the second type of backup: your apps and settings. For this try Titanium Backup.
Note that you will need to root, to use Titanium Backup.
So, Now you are planning to wipe your data and cache, Right? There are some points to read:
- If you are flashing a brand new ROM ( Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop), you definitely need to wipe data and cache. This may perform a factory reset on Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4 therefore you will lose all the data.
- If you are flashing a fresh version of identical Rom you are already running, we would suggest Only To WIPE CACHE. It is going to save all your apps and settings.
- Remember, for those who have already taken a backup, then there is absolutely no issue in factory reset, wiping data or the cache. It is possible to restore it anytime.
- When you only wipe your cache, usually particular apps might face issue. You will need to wipe data and the cache both of them to fix everything.
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
How to Flash a ROM to Your Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 4
Now comes the actual part. After downloading Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop save it on your phone. It should come in the form of a fairly large ZIP file, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi to download direct to phone.
To flash the ROM :
Step 1: Reboot the phone into Recovery mode, similar to we performed back when we created our Nandroid backup.
Step 2: Go to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
Navigate to the ZIP file you saved earlier (Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ), and then choose it from the list to flash it.
Step 3: Wait for the process to finish, it might take a couple of minutes.
In TWRP, you will locate this under the “Wipe” section.
And in ClockworkMod, you will to either choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option or the “Wipe Cache Partition” option .
When you are done, you are free to reboot into your new ROM ( Albe95 Official 3.1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ).
Download and Flash Google Apps
As you know that Google’s apps are not open source, that’s why custom ROMs can’t bundle Google’s apps like Gmail, Hangouts, or the Play Store with their ROMs.
Which means you will have to Flash Google Apps separately.You simply need to download Gapps File, Link given in the Download section of this article and it is similar to what we did in flashing ROM (Step 1). But choose the Gapps file.
Gapps Manager is also an excellent app that’ll allow you to find the proper package in case you are stuck, you can download the APK from XDA Developer.
Once you’ve flashed the latest Google Apps package, then it is done. You can also restore all your apps from the backup you have taken from Titanium app. If you have any question, please comment below